Repeat prescriptions can be ordered either by:
- Ticking the items you need on your repeat slip , filling in a request slip, posting to us or putting it in the prescription box at the surgery in the porch area.
- By email using the following address: email@example.com - Please be aware that normal email is not encrypted and so may not be totally secure. Please ensure the following information is supplied:
- Name of patient for whom medication is being requested
- Address of patient
- Telephone contact in case of queries
- Details of each item requested e.g. Name and strength of medication
- Securely Online with SystmOnline* via the link at the top of this page. To register for this service please come to the surgery in person with photo ID and ask the receptionist for registration details. We will then supply you with a username and first password.
- The local pharmacy offers a prescription ordering service. Please contact them for details.
Please allow 48 hours from the time of ordering to collecting the prescription from the surgery. Certain local chemists collect prescriptions from the surgery by arrangement. Please ensure that all relevant information is given at the time of ordering repeat medication.
If you have requested medication early we will only issue 2 weeks in advance anything over the 2 weeks will not be issued.
*SystmOnline allows patients or someone acting on behalf of the patient to proactively manage their care. The online services available include the ability to view an online Electronic Medical Record (EMR) as well as booking appointments and managing medication. SystmOnline is available as an online service or via apps.
It is usual practice to provide a prescription for 2 months supply of medication unless alternative arrangements have been made.
Patients can make arrangements with local chemists to have their prescriptions collected from the surgery, and in certain circumstances to have the medication delivered. If you have made arrangements for your prescription to be collected please indicate this in your Email.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a Pharmacist, Nurse Practitioner, Practice Nurse, ACP or Doctor at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.